National Nutrition Month, celebrated each year during March, focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
The theme this year is: Eat Right, Bite by Bite.
Good nutrition doesn’t have to be restrictive or overwhelming. Small goals and changes can have a cumulative healthful effect, and every little bit (or bite!) of nutrition is a step in the right direction.
WEEK ONE: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Include healthy foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Practice portion control.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
Week Two: Plan Your Meals Each Week!
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Be menu-savvy when dining out.
- Choose healthful recipes to make during the week.
- Enjoy healthful eating at work and at school.
- Plan healthful eating while traveling.
Leave a reply →